It's not always about having a natural birth, But more about having an EMPOWERED birth~ Nurse Nikki Nola
My Services and Fee's
Services I offer include: Birth Doula Services, Placenta Encapsulation and I am now offering Postpartum Doula services.
- Free initial interview
- 2 Prenatal Visits in your home
- Up to 2 Prenatal Visits with your OB or Midwife
- Assistance in creating your Birth Plan
- Full Access to my ever growing lending library
- Unlimited support via Phone, Text message and Email, until the 3rd week of your child's life.
- I am on call 24/7 for your needs beginning at your 36th week of pregnancy and ending at your child's 3rd week of life.
- I will join you in your home and transfer to the hospital with you, if you are delivering in the hospital.
- Continuous labor support.
- Labor techniques that include but not limited to:
- Massage: Gentle Pressure, Counter pressure, Stroking, Kneading
- Position changes: Side Lying, Squatting, Supported Squatting, Hands and Knees
- Visual Imagary, Progressive Relaxation,
- Patterned Breathing
- Rebozo Techniques
- Access to my folder full of local resources.
- 1 Postpartum visit. This visit is for your benefit. If you need someone to cook for you, do a load of laundry, do dishes, watch the baby while you sleep or shower, or anything else you may need around the house.
- Breastfeeding support for the first 3 weeks of your child's life. If you need further assistance please let me know.
- Babywearing support. I can help you figure out the best carrier to suite your needs and help you learn how to properly use your carrier.
The Fee for my Labor and Birth Services are $700. Of That $700 a non refundable fee of $350 is due at contract signing to guarantee my availability for your birth. Fee's can be paid in Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit Card. You can pay in the remainder in one lump sum, or in payments to suit your families needs, with the final payment due by your 37th week.
Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation:
- Decrease in baby blues and postpartum depression.
- Increase and enrich breastmilk.
- Increase in energy.
- Decrease in lochia, postpartumbleeding.
- Decrease iron deficiency.
- Decrease insomnia or sleep disorders.
For home birth clients, I will come to your home within 24 hours to start the process of encapsulation. If you give birth during the night, I will come to you the next morning.
For hospital birth clients, I will come to your home within 24 hours of you being released from the hospital to start the process for encapsulation.
The process takes roughly 2 days. On the first day, I will come to your home, sanitize the work space, and start the process for whichever method you choose. Once in the dehydrator, I will clean the area, and come back in 18-24 hours. I will then grind and encapsulate the placenta, clean and sanitize the work space and equipment, and I will leave you with your freshly encapsulated placenta.
I offer RAW method and TCM (Traditional Chinese Method) of placenta encapsulation.
For the Raw method, I will do your prints, I will wash thoroughly, slice thinly, then place directly into the dehydrator for 18+ hours (depending on size) and then grind, and encapsulate with my capsule machine.
For the TCM, I will do the placenta prints, then wash thoroughly, I will gently steam the placenta with Organic Lemon, Ginger and Hot Peppers. Your placenta will then be thinly sliced and placed in the dehydrator for 18+ hours. And then encapsulate with my capsule machine.
Fee's for Placenta Encapsulation:
Birth Clients- $200 for either method.
Non Birth Clients- $225 for either method.
I only use size 0 capsules in my process. They are smaller, easier to swallow, you get more capsules this way and it is easier to control the dosage.
I can special order flavored capsules if you think the taste will be too much for you.
I will make a tincture from your placenta for an extra $25. I use a high grade 100 proof vodka for this. The tincture will be ready 6 weeks after the process has started. It can not be used until the 6 weeks is up. You will receive (1) 4oz bottle with a dropper, a small funnel and a unbleached coffee filter for you to strain after the 6 weeks is complete. Full instructions will be given with the contract. If you would like 6 or 8oz tinctures, please let me know and we can add it to your order.
Tinctures are wonderful for once your capsules have been used up. I really love my tincture for when I get moody and is amazing for during PMS and can even be used for during menopause. This is a great investment for after you have completed all of your capsules.
I can also tincture after placenta is encapsulated if you decide later you would like to benefit from this. The charge is $25 and I will need 6-8 capsules.
If you would like a smoothie made from your placenta, I can do this while I am there the first day, and I can also prep enough for a few extra smoothies and freeze the chunks in baggies for you to just pull out and pop in the blender. The cost for the smoothie is $25. I use only organic frozen fruits and the milk/juice of your choosing. You can decide ahead of time what you would like in your smoothie and I will pick it up on the way to your home.
I do not offer herbs in your placenta because herbs may effect you badly and I do not want your whole placenta to be ruined by adding herbs into the mix.
I take great care in handling your placenta. Everything that comes in contact with your placenta will be sanitized before and after each placenta. I follow the blood born and pathogens recommendations for sanitation.
A Nurturing Embrace Birth services only offers in home encapsulation. I no longer offer encapsulation in my home. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like a referral for someone to do the encapsulation outside of your home, please contact me and I will give you the number for another encapsulator.